Friday, June 19, 2009

Week 5 : ARED, etc.

Have used ARED to create a number of learning interactive sessions for my students (especially labelling, sequencing and multiple choice). The feedback was very positive. The challenging ARED tool is the decision tree - so easy to get into a muddle (can do your head in) but is really good for problem based scenarios.
Can't show you an example at present because I am having a problem posting one of my interactive ARED activities onto my blog as there does not appear to be an icon to enable me to do this. So, HELP!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Veracity,
    Yes I too would be interested to know how to link an Ared activity to a blog or in fact how to link anything to a blog. Can Ared do bold and italics do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy : I find ARED can be good but there are also limitations as I found out when I was doing a project with it. My disappointment was that I was unable to do bold or italics as I would have liked to. I was told, however, that there was a way in which it could be done although not many people seemed to know about it - not in my area anyway. So as yet I don't have that knowledge
    On blog, I have found the URL, image and video links easy to use but if outside these ther doesn't appear any way to get 'games' there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know there is a way Veracity. I will ask around.

    Have you by any chance used Ared with Moodle?

    I found Edugblog and Wordpress have the capacity to link docs (well, Word docs at least so possible others as well) but Blogger doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm, tricky one there on embedding flash in your blog. First up, you'd need to upload it to a flash server. There are a couple around designed for flash gaming (knogregate.com would have been my first choice, but it's blocked by our firewall here - perhaps flashgamealot.com would suit). Then you need to get the embed code and paste that into your blog entry using the html tab on the 'new post' form.
    On the moodle front: yes you can embed flash into a moodle site, but there are a few hoops to jump through. See this embedding flash blog post or this moodle tutorial video for some hints.

    ReplyDelete