Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Week 5: Catching up.....

Have browsed through shared courseware and think The Commonwealth of Learning a great concept for making education available to small nations within the Commonwealth. The materials seemed good although I did not go into them in detail
Photostory is another great way to engage students, especially if the background music is matched to their 'era'. I was teaching a group of Year 10s the other day - first time for me and a bit of a shock! I found out that what engaged them most on the day were the interactive games I had set up on WebCT. The powerpoint presentation (which I thought I had animated well) bored them! I am now interested in developing required study information using photostory. This is a good website for nay other beginners - it contains information on how to set up photostory and has several videos demonstrating its potential
http://www.teachnet.ie/innovative_teacher/default.asp?NCID=365

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the link V - I've never tried it with year 10 students, but it would be interesting to see what they might make with photostory :)

    ReplyDelete