Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Week 6: Tagging, etc

Busy week at work and trying to catch up on all the links for week 6 activities. Anyway, have now looked at Technorati, and blogsearch and have a good idea about the idea of tagging. Have looked at a tag called Education and came up with many blogs on games based learning - spent a lot of time going through them but gained good ideas. Also did a few tours of famous places around the world e.g. The Louvre.
Copyright is always of concern and it it sometimes hard to determine if one is breaching the Act especially when downloading information e.g. diagrams, from the Web, even if the author has been acknowledged. I found the Copyright Kitchen well set out answering many common questions and some made me feel a little easier.
I have used Creative Commons in the past - a good site for anatomical diagrams which I use a lot in my teaching. I do think that Creative Commons is a great idea to share information freely and it is great that so many people are willing to do so. It is something that I would consider doing myself if I was clever enough!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment